Wednesday 13 April 2011

Return from North Africa

I'm officially back from my mini adventure where I managed to take over 1,500 photos of life in North Africa. I visited the usual touristy destinations such as film locations of Monty Python's Life of Brian, Star Wars and Jesus of Nazareth along with the 3d largest Roman amphitheatre and the Sahara Desert. Other visits included Tunisia's cosmopolitan capital Carthage and Sidi Bou Said, the blue and white picture postcard village. I did venture off the track to many back streets of deprived small towns and villages along with getting quite close to the Libyan border at one stage! I managed to wander through the streets as an outsider with cameras in hand with my very basic spoken French and few Arabic phrases to get by. It was quite an adventure. With 'Survival' - the title of my final major project for my Art+Design course in mind, I hope you find these images captivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment