Tuesday 25 May 2010

More Photography & Exhibitions

Since the last blog on fashion photography, I have come across Mary McCartney. Born in London in 1969 she only started her photography career in 1995, (so there is still hope for me yet!) She has snapped big names like Kate Moss and even tho' this photo isn't her greatest, have a look at the website as her portfolio of fashion, campaign and exhibition work is not just uplifting + stylish but some is also thought provoking.

On the subject of exhibitions, now is the time for graduate shows. I have mentioned graduate fashion week before but find out where your nearest design or art college is and get along to their showing. Today I am popping along to the Swansea Met Foundation Degree end of year show, titled 'HOW IT IS' and am looking forward to it.

Another is the University of the Arts London who all throughout the summer, will be opening their doors at various campus locations from June - July to showcase graduates work. You should make a trip to London and if you have yet to visit the V&A or the Design Museum, I strongly suggest you do! Plan a visit for the 6th June for the amazing Art Car Boot Fair on Brick Lane:
'The funkiest car boot ever' Wall Street Journal.

I would love to be able to sell, display & exhibit work. I can't exhibit grafitti on a back street + it's not the same uploading snaps for all to see on facebook. Having something I have created hanging on a gallery wall would be a great achievment.

No comments:

Post a Comment